The Venturing Leadership Award is presented by councils, areas, regions, and the BSA National Council to Venturers and Venturing Advisors who have made exceptional contributions to Venturing and who exemplify the Scout Oath and Scout Law.
• This nomination form must be used for council, area, region, and national Venturing Leadership Award consideration.
• Attach letters of recommendation from Venturers, Scouters, acquaintances, teachers, place of worship, etc.
• Attach additional sheets, if necessary.
• Nomination form due dates: The NEGA deadline for the council award is May 31st, 2017. Area, Regaion and National deadlines have past.
• Be registered and involved as a Venturer or Venturing leader for at least one year.
• Hold a leadership position or an office at the unit, district, council, area, region, or national level (as appropriate for the level of the award presented).
• Show exceptional dedication and give outstanding leadership and service to Venturing and to Venturers (on the level appropriate for the award).
*Northeast Georgia Council may present this award to as many as 3 youth and 3 adults each year, although it is not required that all 6 awards be presented.
Please submit the the form to Anna Hall no later than May 31st, 2017.
Download form: VLA 2017.pdf
Apalachee Cub Camps need your help!
We are looking for volunteers to assist at our many local camps this summer:
Dacula Day at Hamilton Mill UMC
May 29-June 2, 9:00AM-3:00PM
Lawrenceville Day at Prospect United Methodist Church
June 2-9, 9:00AM-3:00PM
Lawrenceville Twilight at Prospect United Methodist Church
June 2-9, 5:00PM-9:00PM
Buford Day at American Legion in Buford
June 12-16, 9:00AM-3:00PM
STEM Camp at Dacula UMC
June 19-23, 9:00AM-3:00PM
Register online at http://bit.ly/2pTyXug
Receive volunteer service hours!
Help out in program areas like Arts and Crafts, Sports, Scout Skills, Archery or BB shooting, Nature or Science! Or assist a den of Scouts as they work their way through the different activities!
Congratulations to Anna Hall for receiving the first ever District Chairman Award.
Jamboree On The Trail
Calling all Packs, Troops,
Crews, Teams and Posts
Saturday, May 13, 2017
Gwinnett Environmental & Heritage Center
2020 Cleanwater Drive
Other locations throughout the council to be announced
Jamboree On The Trail is an annual event held worldwide on the second Saturday of May when Scouts of all ages and various countries hike, wherever they might be. Included is a Northeast Georgia Council Day of Service project that will include trail maintenance and landscaping.
No cost to attend - 2017 JOTT patches are $4 each.
Wear good walking shoes and bring a water bottle.
Information on International Scouting will be available.
If you want to receive patches during the event, please register by April 15
See Flyer for details: 2017 Jamboree On The Trail.pdf
Boy Scouts must be at least 13 by the beginning of the course (sorry, no exceptions) and at least First Class rank. All Venturers are eligible to attend. The NYLT course centers around the concepts of what a leader must BE, what he must KNOW, and what he must DO, all taught with a clear focus on HOW TO.
Download flyer NYTL 2017 flyer.pdf
It may literally be a once in a life time opportunity!
Only a few openings remain, in the Venturing contingent!
National Jamboree only comes once each 4 years, so most Crew members only have one opportunity to attend!
What is 2017 National Jamboree and why do I want to go?
Experience the best of Scouting in one place. This is 10 days of adventure sports, high adventure activities, stadium shows and hanging out with friends, old and new.
Please see the videos below, for a sampling of opportunities at the 2017 National Jamboree.
Venturing Participant Qualifications
How to sign up (Both forms of registration (#1 and #2) are required.)
1. Register with the Northeast Georgia Council:
a. To get signed up, please complete this form à http://nega-bsa.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/2017-Jambo-Sign-up-Form-12.15.pdf and turn it into the council office, with your initial deposit.
2. Register on the National Jamboree site:
a. Go online and follow the registration instructions. http://www.summitbsa.org/events/jamboree/jamboree-registration/
b. You will need a my.scouting.org account, please read the first page of the instructions carefully.
Finance – The basics
· The deposit is $150
· The total for Jamboree and transportation is $1,575. The fee is paid to the council and can be made in regular payments.
· There will be a couple of required activities with your Jamboree Crew, which may have a cost.
· Each member will be expected to bring two complete uniforms.
· We will organize a fund raising activity, or two, to help offset the fees.
· DON’T let money prevent you from attending.
o Get signed up and then contact me.
Adults, Chaperones and Organization
· Jamboree Venturing participants will be assigned to one of two NEGA Council contingent crews.
o There will be periodic Jamboree crew meetings, to get organized, get to know each other, prepare for activities, and for fundraising.
· This is not an event where a parent can simply signup to go with.
o Only two Advisors will attend with each crew. Advisors have already been selected by Council. No other adults will be able to go with the contingent.
o Any other adult interested in attending, my apply to be on staff (work at the Jamboree).
§ Information is available here à http://www.summitbsa.org/events/jamboree/volunteers/
§ Note: There is cellular and data service, so updates home will be possible.
First Meeting and More Information
· 2017 Jamboree Contingent Kickoff –
o Gainesville First Baptist Church, Youth Room
o September 10, 2016
o 3:00pm to 5:00pm
· All Jamboree participants and their families should make every effort to attend.
· Anyone looking for more information may attend.
· More information is available @ bsajamboree.org
If you have questions, please feel free to contact me.
Advisor, NEGA National Jamboree Venturing Contingent
Cell: (678) 699-7465
To be kept up to date on what is going on in the Exploring Venturing District please join our mail list. To join the district mailing list simply click the link on the left hand side of this website under the main menu. Our mail list is part of the EV Google Group.